The TC-497 Overland Train MkII was the final Overland Train produced. In early 1958, the United States Army requested a quote from R.G. LeTourneau, Inc. to research and develop a large Overland Train. The project was divided into 4 phases. At the end of Phase I, the concept art below showed the Army what LeTourneau had in mind. Other drawings included in the Phase I book were engineering diagrams, power car, and cargo car diagrams, and over 200 pages of typed text describing the project. The Overland Train concept began in 1955, with a variety of conceptual tests. It was not until 1958, that it got real!
- Building the Firestone 120x48x68 Tire Molds with a BETTS Vertical Boring Mill
- YouTuber Calum Releases an Amazing Video on the TC-497
- TC-497 Functional Model Testing
- How Did the TC-497 Overland Train Steer?
- YouTuber Calum Visits the TC-497 in Yuma Proving Ground
- Overland Train TC-497 and Buggy Fan Art